4th Grade Lessons 1 - 10
Lesson 2: Introduction to Typing Agent
You will be introduced to Typing Agent’s home screen and touch typing without looking.
Lesson 3: Digital Literacy; Chatting/Instant Messaging
You will contrast chatting to Instant Messaging (blog)
Lesson 5: Google Drive and Typing Agent
You will practice typing to eventually achieve 20 W.P.M. Introduce Google Drive/email
- Type for 10 minutes in Typing Agent. Remember, you will need to practice typing outside of school and in your classroom
- Learn how to login into Google drive and sign out of Google Drive
- You can login to your Google Drive by clicking on GoKids Links
- Learn how to access your Gmail account
Lesson 6: Writing Good Emails
- Students will learn the 5 main parts of an email.
- They will learn how to write a good email.
- Write a good email to the computer teacher.
Lesson 7: Formatting a Google Doc
You will practice typing to eventually achieve 20 W.P.M. / Students will learn to format a Google Doc
1. Create a new document and name it: Sheep(last name)
2. Type this poem EXACTLY as you see it!
Mary Had a Little Sheep
Mary had a little sheep,
its fleece was white as snow;
And everiwhere that Mary went
The sheep was surre to go.
It followed her to school one day.
Witch was against the rules;
It made the children laugh and play
Tos see a seep at Private School
Lesson 8: Coding
You will learn basic coding concepts.
It's your lucky day! You get to learn how to code, but by using paper first.
Don't forget to bring a book to the next class that you have finished reading.
This is what you will need on your
Book Review Document
- Heading 2 size headings for: Title, Characters, Review
- A paragraph (5 sentences) or more under “Review”
- The page needs to be set to 1” margins under “page setup”
- The sentence spacing should be double spaced.
- They will need to insert an image and wrap the image
Lesson 10: Strong Passwords
How strong passwords protect your private information.
Listen to your teacher's directions.