5th Grade Lessons 1 - 10
Lesson 2: Typing Agent
- You will login to your Typing Agent account and work on touch typing without looking at your keys.
- Review the home row keys.
Lesson 4: Writing Good Emails
- Students will learn the 5 main parts of an email
- how to write a good email
- compose an email to their computer teacher
Lesson 5 Under Construction
Lesson 6: Typing Agent and Text Messages
You will practice typing to eventually achieve 25 W.P.M.
1. Type for 10 minutes in Typing Agent.
2. Go to Google Classroom, look for lesson on Texting.
3. Make copies of provided worksheets, complete them online. Then go over them as a class.
You will analyze the use and protection of private information.
Common Sense Media Lesson: Private and Personal Information.
You will be introduced to spreadsheets, using student gathered data.
Introduction to Google Sheets. Watch the video, then listen to your teacher's instructions.
Lesson 9: Gather Data for Spreadsheet
You will create a spreadsheet using student gathered data.Part 2
- Have students login to Typing Agent and practice for 10 minutes
- Students will gather information (ex. Favorite pet, sport, movies, video games, etc.) Each student will be allowed to choose their own topic as long as it is approved by the teacher.
- Students will need to decide their topics and poll at least 15 classmates.
- Have students create a poll in Google drive using Google Forms, share with their classmates.
- Students need to collect their data from their classmates so they can create a spreadsheet with row and column headings.
Lesson 10: Creating a Spreadsheet
You will create a spreadsheet using student gathered data Part 3
- Students will input their data from lesson 9 with appropriate headings and columns using Google sheets.
- Students will need to display at least two comparable charts that can be used to identify their gathered data for interpretation purposes.